Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Sunday, July 12, 2009


This afternoon, right after a warm summer rain, I came home. As I did something very simple and boring – went to collect my mail – I noticed a poppy flower within my flower bed, so gentle that it was struggling under the weight of small rain droplets on its delicate petals …I stopped in awe…As I stood there taking in this perfect afternoon that smelled like wet grass and rain, something occurred to me. This gentle miracle of Nature, this tiny poppy flower reminded me so much of a ballet tutu. It reminded me of my years in dancing school, our perfect hard-working bodies lost in the perimeter of endless mirrors; droplets of sweat on the floor and amazing pleasure on our faces. That told you everything – it did not matter how late it was; it did not matter to us how long we were dancing; the only thing that mattered was that inner desire to move and to express yourself in that movement. So, look at these pictures of my fragile “ballerina” and see if you can use your imagination and awe…




1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

The world misses your photographic images and poetic posts

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home