Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Thursday, September 14, 2006



So, I cut my hair today…Yes, I know what you are thinking– what’s new - million women do it every single day. But for me – since my last haircut was 22 years ago – it is a big deal. And surprisingly (or maybe not), I feel renewed – as much as my hairdo. Don’t get scared, I do understand that changing my looks really has very little to do with me changing my mentality or my thoughts, or my life for that matter. However, since my hair was such a big part of me I do believe that it is one of the first steps to a “new me”. For years I wouldn’t even consider cutting my hair. Then, during the time when I was undergoing chemotherapy, I couldn’t – I was holding on to the last of what was “original me” – it was so important to me, it was matter of life or death…And now, a year after my chemotherapy is over, I am innovated and so is my hair. No, it does not change who I am; it just helps me to demonstrate to everyone exactly who I am, me – renewed and ready for a new beginning in life!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olga I love the new look. I also like the long hair but change is good. Did you donate the hair?
Angela Nolan

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olga, you look beautiful! This was a big step I'm sure, but it is wonderful. I've been there as well. The first snip of the scissors was horrifying, but I love the short look and it looks great on you!

Renee Chichester

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home