Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Sunday, July 30, 2006



Downtown Charlottesville…It looks like someone just took a bag of Skittles and sprinkled it around…Difference in people, in opinions, in gourmet tastes and in artistic preferences…Lights of the Paramount inviting you to enjoy an ever-changing miracle called Theater…Numerous stores remind me that doesn’t matter how different you are, you can find something to your taste in Charlottesville. Right in the middle of the downtown on the second floor I can see a shadow of the musician and his cello – I can witness how his body moves with inner music, I can see reflection of eternal candlelight that only artists cherish inside. You pass cute little shops, inviting restaurants, daring bars – all of them lined up proud of their uniqueness and individuality. You can almost breathe in an independent strength of mind, breathtaking talent, architecture, and intolerant being of “spirit of the old days” and modernism of the new. I feel like a bystander in this busy university town and I quietly enjoy this role for a couple of minutes. I dive into the remarkable spirit of Charlottesville, its streets and inhabitants…For some reason this little southern city has endless ability to take my breath away with every gracious move. Downtown Charlottesville…Simply charming…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home