Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Saturday, April 22, 2006


Little Corn Island, Nicaragua…I imagine something very different, more natural, serene if you wish, something lost in the middle of nowhere…We arrive on the little boat and the very first thing we see – is a Dive Shop that my husband built years ago. Still standing and welcoming everyone to the Island, reminding you that you are in a beautiful place – beautiful within the Island and under the sea. Everyone smiles and very soon you feel like you are at home – the purpose of their life is to see Mr. John come back and here he is. Both of us feel a little humble given such a reception. Island is very alive and busy. I imagined something very different.
I guess local people are finally making the profit from their Island as much as all of the expatriates that build business on this welcoming land. Also, you notice that a lot of locals loose their innocence by striving to be the best. At the same time best trends are still there – locals are naïve, happy, relaxed, ready to assist in any way, joyful and content – some of the things we are missing quite a bit. I think back to my busy life just for a second and realize that I really do not want to go back – right here, right now everything is perfect, I have everything I need, and I found peace within my heart. A little too hot for my liking but soon breeze wraps up my body in cool swathe and life is good!
I can not wait to get to the other side of the Island – underdeveloped, peaceful, natural, calling me to come and explore, to take picture and freeze this beauty for everyone to see.
And what a beauty it is! Calm ocean, palm trees, sand, see grass, and all kinds of washed up treasures complete a picture of paradise. We walk on the beach and it feels almost like time just stopped for us to be able to remember this moment forever. And I slowly start walking, taking in every breath of air, every splash of cool water, every feeling and desire that this place awakes in my heart…
Little Corn Island with such a big heart, such a beauty, such a soul – you know that even if you leave, these moments will be always part of you, they will become that special place in your heart that you can go to relax and bring the best out of you. Little Corn Island…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home