Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Letters…Or feelings that conquer us when we receive one…E-mails, faxes, voice mails, text messages, phone calls…nothing comes close to an old fashioned paper letter. I think the reason for that is that you can smell the person who wrote it; you can still feel warmth of their hands; you know that this person really cared – they wrote you a note. Doesn’t really matter if it is just a short note, or a letter; doesn’t really matter if it is a love letter or just a note from home…Maybe it reminds me of a message in the bottle – with all of its devotion, romantics, and sometime tragedy behind it…Maybe it reminds me of warm letters from my grandparents with news from home, love, and incredible sadness - since I am not near them at all times… Maybe it reminds me of the incredible love letters that I am saving as a real treasure of my life...Or maybe it is all about psychology and really truly seeing in between the lines – guessing who you are based on your handwriting…Whatever the reason is – letters are absolutely incredible. They can energize you, make you cheerful, make you miserable – but they never leave your heart intact…Warmth, tenderness, kindness, thoughtfulness, humanity of the letters always remind me that someone out there cares about me – love or hate –they care. And sometimes in life that is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home