Olga's World

All images and texts posted here are copyright Olga Morgan 2006, 2007, 2008

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virgnia, United States

I am just trying to survive in this world - sometimes feeling like a gypsy in the twilight zone...

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Life plays with us all the time. We are so used to it; I do not believe we even notice it unless something astonishing happens. Well, something happened to me that changed my world – I needed to go on chemo therapy treatments. Sounds terrible, doesn’t it? But in reality –it was enlightening, encouraging, and very eye-opening experience. I know you could think that it sounds very strange, and it is quite difficult for me to explain. But for you, my friends, I will try…
I used to get up every morning, go to work, and basically – like a lot of us, was taking my life for granted. And than one day you get this notification – your Life membership expires in couple of years? month? days? And the biggest problem – is that you really are not sure when, how much time do you have left? When I travel, I always know that I have a certain numbers of days to enjoy the surrounding beauty. In this case – just a warning, simple cold notification – no expiration date. All of a sudden, life stops…
And new life begins…And as soon as I realized that it is in fact my address on that notification – life is changed, changed significantly, changed for the…dare I say, better? I woke up next morning feeling blessed that here I am in this beautiful world. I looked back at my life and grasp that there is so much I did not get a chance to accomplished yet; there are so many dreams that I did not realized yet; so any friends I did not meet; so many thoughts I did not share with the world trying to hug this big lonely place and make it just a little better. Every breath of air, every moment in time, every bird’s song, and every drop of rain – it all became so dear to my heart, so precious, beloved, cherished, and priceless. All of a sudden, I realized – this is a beautiful world, and I am in it – for G-d knows how long, but I am in it – enjoy! Leave your life! Love every second of it! Live like there is no tomorrow – so you never make the same mistake I made – taking something as beautiful as life itself for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home